Sidestepping Dry January, Phil visited an alien-infested space station this month by way of Prey—Arkane\’s latest forthcoming immersive sim. Echoing the curious mix-and-match approach to surviving dystopia best demonstrated by BioShock, Phil chatted with the Dishonored developer about how players will explore Prey\’s interstellar setting, challenge its exotic ne\’er-do-wells and, um, transform themselves into coffee mugs. Discover how that went in this month\’s cover story.
Elsewhere inside, Ben Tyrer has played Mass Effect: Andromeda and is dying to share the secrets of a galaxy not so far away. Our Great Games of 2017 is an exhaustive guide to this year\’s incoming releases, and what you should be getting excited about; while we also chat to a number of developers about what makes a great videogame villain.
Our selection of previews this month includes Mass Effect: Andromeda, For Honor, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Nier: Automata, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 and more.
Issue 289 is on shelves now and available on all your digital devices from and the . You can also order direct from or to save money, and receive monthly deliveries.
- Phil talks to the Arkane team about their latest immersive sim Prey.
- Ben Tyrer shares his thoughts on Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- Great Games of 2017: our exhaustive guide to this year’s coming releases.
- We ask a host of developers what makes great videogame villains.
- Watch Dogs 2, Orwell, Killing Floor 2, Dead Rising 4, and more reviewed.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda, For Honor, Nier: Automata, and more previewed.
- Our SSD group test.
- And much more!